Step 1: Make Sure Your Work is Acceptable
We welcome all exhibit proposals and thank you for your interest in the Memorial Union Concourse gallery. Creative approaches and content are always valued, and superiorcraftsmanship is an absolute necessity. To ensure the timely and thorough review of yourproposal, please follow the guidelines below:
- Exhibition proposal narrative, including your inspiration and vision for the show, list any desired interactive or auxiliary components (such as an artists’ talk or performance, reception, etc.), a Curriculum vitae or resume, a bio, and artist statement for each participating artist.
- Four digital images of current work or work similar to what will be exhibited for each participating artist, submitted on a CD. Label the CD with your name, phone, email and “Exhibition Proposal.” Scale of works should be indicated. OR You may submit a website link(s) indicative of work via the contact form in the bottom right hand side of the page, along with your proposal document.
- Self-addressed stamp envelope (if you would like your materials returned)
- Works cannot exceed 7’ in height or 30” depth.
Exhibit proposals are reviewed on a semi-annual basis by a panel composed of the MU ConcourseGallery staff and/or extended Art Committee Members. The committee includes the ExhibitsCoordinator, Fine Arts student staff and can include professional artists, arts administrators andOSU student representatives and/or faculty or professional staff.The jury panel meets quarterly to review proposals. Please note: Our exhibition schedule isnormally finalized one year in advance.
The commission split is currently 80/20 with the MU Concourse gallery retaining 200% of theretail price from the sale of artworks. Please price your artwork to include this commission. Artsales support the Gallery and student support staff. MUCG SAA reserves the right to change thecommission split for future exhibits for which an exhibition contract has not been executed. Anyrelevant changes to the commission policies will be communicated to those submitting exhibition.
Two-dimensional work must be brought or shipped to the Gallery ready to hang. Framing andmatting must be of professional quality with no sign of wear. Frames should complement thework—simple is best. Adequate hanging wires are a must.
Step 2: Apply for Exhibit Space
- Open link
- Download writable .pdf
- Fillout .pdf form
Step 3: Submit Proposal
On the rights hand side of the wqeb page there is a navagation bar, at the bottom of which there is a contact faculty link:
- Click on the link and fill in your infomation, an email will be sent to the gallery staff.
- Make sure to attack at least 4 images and the naritave as was mentioned above as well as your .pdf aplication.
- Press send and we will get back to you soon.
Materials should be mailed or hand delivered to:
Memorial Union Concourse Gallery
112 Memorial Union
Oregon State University
Corvallis, OR 97331
For additional information contact: Susan Bourque, Exhibits Coordinator, at 541-737-6371 or via email@example.com.