Position Available for Memorial Union President 2014-15
The Memorial Union organization is about building community. We believe that community contributes fundamentally to the quality of life of individuals and campus society. The Memorial Union is an integration of three main units and goes about creating community in different ways: Facilities and Services through physical space and food options, Student Leadership & Involvement through Events and Programs and Student Media through student run publications.
If you are interested in learning more about the role of MU President and how to apply, please attend one of the interest sessions listed below. Information about the roles, responsibilities, and application process will be presented. These sessions are not mandatory but are highly recommended.
2014 Important Dates
- April 1, 2014 (MU Council 4pm): Open Information session for people interested in the MU President role.
- April 3, 2014 (MU 211 5pm): Open Information session for people interested in the MU President role.
- April 7, 2014 (MU 110 2pm): Open Information session for people interested in the MU President role.
- April 9, 2014: Completed application due in MU 103 by 5 PM or online by midnight.
- April 10 and 12, 2014: Notify qualified candidates and request an interview.
- April 15 to 17, 2014: Interviews
- April 18, 2014: Committee selects finalists and requests final interview and presentation.
- April 25, 2014: Open presentations.
- April 29, 2014: Hiring committee selects Memorial Union President and send out letters via email.
- May 2, 2014: Acceptance or decline deadline
- Must be a regularly admitted OSU student and enrolled for at least six credits during term of office.
- Must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above as an undergraduate, 3.0 or above as a graduate.
- Must not be on disciplinary probation.
- Must be able to fulfill office hours as follows: May 16 – end of Spring Term, 20 hours per week for transition; June 16 - first day of class Fall Term, 40 hours per week; first day of class Fall Term - June 15, 20 hours per week.
Position Discription and Application